Monday, June 11, 2018

THE MAKING OF MY DEBUT SINGLE | DID YOU EVEN LOVE ME

GUYS-MY DEBUT SINGLE IS FINALLY HERE!

I am overwhelmed and humbled by the love and support on my debut single "Did You Even Love Me"!!! My heart is exploding with happiness and gratefulness. I am so excited for what is to come and for each and every one of you to hear my song.

The process of writing an original song, for me, is incredibly difficult. I always begin the process by having a few thoughts written in the notes section on my iPhone. Sometimes, I have lyrics that I want to include. Sometimes, I just have key words written down or emotions, colors, ideas, etc. My goal when writing a song is to make others feel something. This song was actually written about a year ago, but it took me months to perfect it musically and lyrically. After I have an idea of what I want the song to portray, I start writing the music on the piano. I choose the piano over guitar because it is such a simple, yet beautiful instrument. I love the rawness of a piano and vocalist. Once I am at the piano and in a groove with the melody, I press record on my voice memos app and just sing along. Sometimes it is just "oohs" and "ahhhs" and other times, I sing random words. I try and be completely vulnerable in the moment while also incorporating my original ideas and feelings. I absolutely love the creative experience of songwriting. I have hundreds of half-written songs in my notebook, but I've learned that writing hundreds of songs can eventually lead to one incredible, meaningful song.

I hope you all enjoy "Did You Even Love Me" and that it will resonate with you. If you haven't heard it yet, check it out on Spotify and iTunes!!! Thank you all so much for your support!

You can also check out the vlog here and on my youtube channel to see the behind the scenes footage of creating this single!!! Huge thank you to Embur-Emily Burton for filming, editing, and producing this video!



xo,

Hannah







No comments:

Post a Comment